Liros Gallery will provide written or verbal appraisals for the following forms:
Paintings: American & European; 16th century to the present.
Watercolors & Drawings: American & European; 16th century to the present.
Old Prints & Maps:
Icons: 15th century to 1917,
and inquiries about other forms of art.
The appraisal shall contain a description of the art and a value. The key element is that we authenticate the art in order to evaluate it.
We do not use a disclaimer.
Friday, July 20, 2001
1. Rockwell Kent, 1882-1971, American school, Man Entering Doorway, ink drawing, 2 ½ x 3 ¾ inches, pencil signed lower right, Rockwell Kent, framed in 3/8 wood, condition-good. Value $2000.
2. Howard Russell Butler, 1856-1941, Princeton, NJ, Seascape, 1920s, oil on plywood, 16 x 21 inches, signed lower right H. R. Butler, original 1 ½ frame, condition- good. Value $3500.
3. Harry Fenn, 1845-1911, Upper Montclair, NJ, b. Richmond, England, Thunder Caves- Otter Creek Cliffs, Mt Desert, illustration for Picturesque America,1872, (this work made him famous), ca. 1871, watercolor and pencil drawing, 9 5/8 x 17 5/8 inches, rag mat, 1 wood frame, condition- good. Value $ $3500.
4. Felix Octavius Carr Darley, 1822-1888, Claymont, DE, Indian
Battle, watercolor and pencil drawing, 5 ¼ x 8 ½
inches, inscribed To Rev. (?) P. Duggan from his friend
F. O. C. Dareley, possible illustration for J. F. Coopers
Last of the Mohegans, framed in rag mat and ½
black frame, condition-good. Value $4,500.
6. Antonio Gasparo Jacobsen, 1850-1921, Steamer Vigilancia,
The Vigilancia was a single screw steamer of 4115 tons built
in 1890 for service between New York and South America, oil on
canvas, 22 x 36, signed A. Jacobsen, 705 Palisades Av West Hoboken,
NJ, condition- good: cleaned and wax lined. Value $25,000.
The above values are estimated at retail and are the opinion
of Serge L. Liros
Liros Gallery guarantees all art sold to be authentic as described. There are no time limitations to the warantee.
For additional information contact Serge Liros at (207)374-5370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org